感謝bean的提供

Hi,

Here is what I saw at ISSE09 today. Hope you like it. Do add you feeling on this year ISSE show.

I mail ordered the ISSE09 ticket together with a subscription to the S&S Journal. Hence I am offered to "VIP ticket" for 4 seminars. I also received the LPCD demo disk (you get LPCD if you buy a 2-day ticket at $20. If not you get a normal demo CD).

The people at the registration desk seem to be the same as the last few years.

I attented only 3 seminars and one concert. Here is the setup for the seminar at the 3rd floor.

The first talk I attended was the "yearly talk" by Mr Hugo!. He started by showing the different between LPCD demo CD and normal demo CD. Then he show the different between an original CD and a pirated version of the CD. Introduced the concept of CD making and some of his latest work. I like his talk.

Mr. Chu gave two talks. I attended the first one which was on appreciation on brass band music.

Here were some of the music he played during the talk. Well his talk made me realize that how poor my knowledge on music is. Worth my time.

The third seminar I attented is by Mr K. Kiuchi. His talk was strange in a way... many left before the end of the talk. But I think it was time well spent for me.

Here are some of the system in the 3rd floor.

Soothing sound. Good imagining; but when playing back a piece of piano music the imagining is a giant piano. But this is an issue with the recording. Good system

I cannot remember how this sound... I think it is not playing when I was there

This system is powerful and with good mid range.

Wow FM ... I cannot remember which speaker this system was driving . Was busy with photo taking, going for seminar and listening to music. Need more practice to do all these next time

Reference audio has a big room this time. Great! The music is involving and with good attack on high notes.

A torus hiding behind the giant towers

This year has a big change toward using CDP and digital source. I remembered I only listen to one turn-table although there are a few on display. The DAC from Wesis was shown in this room. I missed the 192Khz/24bit HD audio recording playback demo as I was in another talks. sh*t

Audionote room. Solid and soothing. Can listen for a long time. The system passed the listening of Mr. K. Kiuchi.

This horn speaker is on display only.

I was fortunate to be around when stuffs from Audionote were removing and then putting back Harmonix footer for the two speakers to demo to a potential customer. A great different to the music with and without the footer. Poisonous accessories . I bought a set of ENACOM for speaker to play-play.